- 15755 NW Oak Hills DR
- Beaverton, OR, USA, 97006
|Software Engineering||5 years professional experience|
- Remote work (2 years)
- Rich client-side applications
- Micro-service architecture
- REST web services
- Unit Testing
- Test Driven Development
- SQL, NoSql, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Dev Ops
- Web performance optimization
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours degree in Linguistics University of British Columbia (graduated May 2013)
- J2EE training program Multivision, Inc (February 2014)
- Oracle Certified Java Associate (Java 1.7)
- BrainBench Java 6 fundamentals
Curiosity Media, Inc Full Stack Software Engineer (February 2015 - October 2017)
Multivision, Inc Java Web Developer (September 2013 - February 2015)
Language learning guide
- Implemented custom markdown syntax to enable content team to easily author new articles.
- Developed styling for components so they could be used anywhere in an article, including nested within each other.
- Added backend method for retrieving articles by topic.
- Created scripts to pull all search query data (10 million queries) from Mixpanel API.
- Enabled data cleaning and normalization by implementing a Node.js command line tool to handle query data as a stream
- Constructed micro-service to retrieve spelling suggestions from Elasticsearch
- Implemented backend logic to route users to top selling suggestion
- Integrated spelling suggestions into UI to give users more insight into how they arrived at an entry.
- Integrated new React architecture and webpack build into existing server rendered pipeline.
- Created and styled quiz UI components and interaction logic.
- Established single state store using Redux to share state between components
- Added game-like animations to make user experience engaging.
- Integrated Auth0 authentication API for GitHub OAuth access.
- Leveraged GitHub API to pull in user's notifications.
- Persisted notifications to firebase for real time data synchronization.
- Built front-end client application with Elm.
An analytics platform connecting Shopify and AliExpress data, allowing owners of dropshipping businesses to quickly visualize their profitability by product.
- Integrated Shopify OAuth flow to gain access to user's sales data.
- Levaraged Next.js to enable universal rendering.